Some extra typical comings and goings from e mail and Linked In:
• Kristen Koerner Simon has joined IDW as Group Editor, Graphic Novel Sequence & International Acquisitions, the place she shall be tasked to “work carefully with the whole editorial employees (for each unique and licensed collection), freelance creators and each freelance and in-house manufacturing departments to develop a dynamic slate of collected version books, unique graphic novels and particular initiatives for a number of gross sales channels and audiences.”
Simon was most lately Editor In Chief at Netmarble, and beforehand held positions at Atomic Crush, Skybound MAD Occasion Administration, and was beforehand EDitor in Chief at Picture studio Shadowline Productions.
• Growth! Studios as gone on a hiring and promotions spree! Perhaps from all of the income on that BRZRKR guide.
Shantel LaRocque has joined as Senior Editor. She beforehand labored as an editor at Darkish Horse Comics for over 10 years, overseeing a number of licensed publishing applications for Minecraft and Disney, in addition to creator-owned titles resembling Stephen McCranie’s House Boy, Henchgirl, Bandette, and Spell on Wheels.
Jon Moisan has joined as Acquisition Editor. He brings over a decade of expertise to his new position, having began his profession in editorial at Marvel Comics the place he labored on bestselling titles resembling Secret Wars, Thor, and extra. After honing his abilities, he joined Skybound the place he edited titles like I Hate This Place, Redneck, and the a number of Eisner Award-nominated Stillwater.
Breanna Sarpy has been promoted to Supervisor, Digital Advertising & Promoting. Sarpy started as a BOOM! Studios’ Govt Assistant in 2018, earlier than shifting to the Advertising crew the place she took on numerous facets of BOOM! Studios’ digital development initiatives and promoting, together with internet hosting the corporate’s video interview collection, BOOM! Chat.
Harley Salbacka has been promoted to Gross sales Lead. Salbacka joined BOOM! Studios as a Retail Gross sales Coordinator in 2021 the place she oversaw a wide range of tasks within the comedian guide specialty and guide markets. Beforehand, Harley was Gross sales & Advertising Consultant at Humanoids and previous to that spent 5 years in comics retail.
Manny Castellanos has joined as Gross sales Coordinator. Castellanos was beforehand Director of Retail-Gross sales Growth for writer Mad Cave Studios from 2018 – 2022, the place he established a communicative relationship with the direct market and directed the gross sales campaigns for hit comedian guide collection resembling Nottingham and The Final Session.
Greg Hopkins has joined as Retail Gross sales Coordinator. Hopkins joins BOOM! Studios with 17+ years of comedian expertise, from proudly owning a comic book store to producing and distributing comedian exclusives for acclaimed illustrators, together with Stanley “Artgerm” Lau, Derrick Chew, Kunkka, Ejikure, Alan Quah, Invoice Sienkiewicz, and Leirix. Hopkins additionally owned and operated North Florida Comedian Con for six years. He was additionally co-creator of Comedian Conline, whereby he teamed as much as produce 3-day on-line conventions to assist convey creators help after conventions had been shut all the way down to the pandemic.
And some extra from my Linked In notifications (a few of them a couple of months outdated however by no means too late to congratulate.)
• Marisa Stotter has left IDW to hitch Amazon Studios as
• Christine Dinh has joined StarTrek.com after an extended stint at Marvel Comics.
• Tucker Stone has joined Astra Books the place he’ll function govt editor of Toon Books. He was previously at distributor Consortium, and continues on at TCJ.Com.
• This one is kinda stinks: Rob Pereyda, previously Head of Anime, Editorial & Publishing, International Anime Technique at Netflix was amongst these laid off final month. If you understand something in regards to the final two and a half years, it’s that half the world appears to have survived the pandemic by binging anime on Netflix. Regardless of this large world success, Pereyda, who has Viz, Bandai and Crunchyroll on his resume, was deemed pointless and let go. However given the continued large worldwide anime obsession, he’s certain to discover a new place quickly.
• Lastly, director of publicity Tara Lehmann introduced she is leaving Oni – however a brand new place appears to be looming:
Although I’ve identified this present day was coming for a couple of weeks now, it’s nonetheless surreal to announce that tomorrow is my final day at Oni Press. Whereas I’m unhappy to go away my proficient coworkers & creators, I’m very excited for what comes subsequent. Keep tuned for extra particulars subsequent week.
Congrats and greatest needs to all!